Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Número Uno

Jesus.

Ok, so I woke up this morning and started my Slim in 6. Yesterday I did my Shakeology, and did some exercise on my own. 

My first impression of the "Start it Up" DVD. SLOW THE FUCK DOWN! LOL. So everyone is pretty much right about the cheesy music, although Debbie is pretty good. She just moves around, like she's got ADD. I know it's supposed to be aerobic exercise, and I'm an active person. I just felt like it was a little hard to get the moves down and keep up with her pace. I'm sure by the end of this week, I'll have all the moves down and keep up with no trouble. Interestingly enough, you can substitute the resistance bands for dumbells. Which is a nice! 

I chose the Slim in 6 program, because I'm not fit enough to do P90X or Insanity. In some time (six weeks I hope), I'll be able to! My goal for tackling this is to get my workout done before I go to work. I usually do my protein shakes in the morning anyway, so it just makes sense to workout and do the shake right after. Most of the time I go to the gym after work, but it keeps my up at night. The only reason why I don't do the gym before work, is for the simple fact that it's too far to go there and back home before work, and the showers there suck. 

I'm very much the type of person that needs to be worn out during the day, in order to get enough rest at night. If I don't, I lay awake for hours. My Tyler Durdeneque levels have peaked before, I have a bit of an insomnia problem. Either way, this will help I'm sure.

Overall, I think the first DVD is good. It pushes you to keep up, but I wouldn't exactly say it's beginners level. I don't know, maybe I'm out of it--but I don't normally do work out DVDs. I just go to the gym and follow my training program. Anyway, first work out is done! I'm feeling pretty good. I'm off to run some errands today before heading back to work. 

OH! 

So, I did my whole post thing about my food and exercise log yesterday. I'm 100% certain that it's a pain in the fucking ass. I know it helps some people, and making the "excuse" that I don't have enough time is not acceptable to some--but when you work 7 days straight, 12 hour shifts saving people's lives, you don't have fucking time to log what you ate for the day. In fact, you're lucky if you got anything to eat at all. I only work every other week, so I guess the group will just have to be cool with me posting once in a while. It's more of an exercise to keep you accountable. I'm sure it works for a lot of people, and I'm grateful for the online motivation and support. It's important to a lot out there. 

However, I'm not a social media junkie. Facebook is a pain in the ass, I really only post pictures or if I'm out of town and checking into things. I'm not one of those trolls that scrolls through my feed, stalking my friends and what they're doing. I honestly could care less. Sounds harsh, but I consume enough time during my day focusing on what the fuck I'm doing, let alone seeing what someone else is doing. Staying off Facebook keeps me out of trouble, trust me. 

I'm not totally out of the loop though lol. I Twitter and IG. Mostly because it's just fun, and I love taking pictures. I'm a total shutterbug. Oh and I totally took "before" pics today, HORRIFIC. 😳

And with that, I'm hitting the shower and going out for the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment