Friday, February 24, 2012

ANTI EVERYTHING. UGH.

ANTIBIOTICS, SUCK.

I'm taking Bactrim to get rid of this UTI, and I'm wondering if it isn't the culprit of making so unbelievably tired. I've been taking my meds religiously and exactly how I'm supposed to. I had another urinalysis Wednesday, and there were high counts of leukocytes which means I still have an infection somewhere. I don't even know how I got it!

Taking two pills a day for seven days is normal, but I'm not so sure that taking it for another week won't KILL me! GRRRRR. Nikki and Jax invited me out on Thursday for girls night at Red Lobster, and I WAS DYING TO GO. I had to bail out, because I know if I went I'd totally cheat! I really want to lose the 20lbs by May! We're planning a trip to Myrtle Beach for Labor Day week, so I definitely want to look good and feel comfortable more than anything in a swim suit. Gives me another excuse anyway to buy some new threads for the trip! Either way I know I'll have fun, with my bestest pals on the beach having a great time. I GOT TO LOSE THIS 20! I wasn't feeling so bad, because later Jax posted a status about eating a giant chocolate chip cookie--totally would have went straight to my ARSE!

This whole anti drinking bit, is really frustrating, and there's no easy way around it. I've said over and over again, that I didn't drink that much to begin with--and that's the truth. So why is this so hard for me to NOT drink?! It's so hard, because that's how I hang out with my friends and have a good time. Socially it is so difficult. If you think about it, food and drink has become such a "feel good" factor in our lives, no wonder that most of the population is obese. How do you go about changing your lifestyle socially, when that's how you have fun together? I'm more than ready for BBQ season, at least then I can control what I eat. It's just hard going out to restaurants and seeing everyone else eat really good looking food. And here I sit with my enormous bowl of rabbit food lol. It's just going to be a hard transition for me, but I just feel like I've been pinned to the wall with this whole ANTI fun crap. 

Can't eat really bad food anymore, can't drink anymore boooooooo. It does sound weird, because although those things might be fun, they're really not great for you. Just makes me wish I had never started eating crappy junk food or yummy beers and drinks at all. Once you get a taste of something good, it's just hard to give it up. It's like eating avocados. I avoided eating them because I KNEW I'd really like them. One day I gave in, and now all I bring to parties is guac. There goes the neighborhood...

1 comment:

  1. And portion sizes are HUGE. That's really an important thing to take note of. Even kids' meals, which I order 85 percent of the time, are huge! Order a kids' meal if you can! (It helps!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete